Local 804 members are holding rallies and parking lot meetings to show UPS we’re united to win the contract we deserve.
In Melville, members held a parking lot meeting to get informed and involved.
On Friday, things started early with a 3:20 AM meeting in the Farmingville parking lot for pre-loaders. Every classification and every shift is key to our contract fight.
Then, we joined with roughly 200 members and community supporters for a big rally at Foster Avenue.
Congressman Jamaal Bowman standing with 804
Congressional Representative Jamaal Bowman joined to pledge his solidarity, and members spoke about key issues, including:
- Ending two-tier 22.4 and making all drivers RPCDs
- No more excessive overtime
- Raising part-time starting wages to $25 with catch-up raises for current part-timers
- Creating more full-time jobs
- No more driver-facing cameras & ending company harassment of drivers
- Winning justice for displaced workers
There are more rallies coming next week:
- Laurelton on Tuesday, April 25 @ 8:15 AM
- Nassau on Tuesday, April 25 @ 8:30 AM, 9 AM, and 9:30 AM
- Metro Queens & Maspeth on Thursday, April 27. Drivers will meet at 8:15 AM and Pre-load will meet at 9:15 AM
- 43rd St on Friday, April 28 @ 7:45 AM, at the 12th Ave/43rd St Entrance