Get on the 9.5 list and make UPS pay for forcing RPCDs to work unwanted excessive overtime.
(Local 804 President Vinnie Perrone meeting with Maspeth drivers about 9.5 and contract enforcement.)
Local 804 has given management the names of Package Car Drivers who want to be on the 9.5 list for the next five months. The new 9.5 list is in effect through October 15.
Once you are on the 9.5 list, talk with your shop steward and file a grievance if you work more than 9.5 hours a day more than twice in a week.
The contract calls for UPS to pay triple time pay for time worked over 9.5 hours and to adjust the driver’s dispatch.
If you want to get on the 9.5 list, it’s not too late. All you have to do is fill out the 9.5 Add/Cut Form and have your shop steward turn it into management. You will be added to the 9.5 list for the following week.
22.4s Deserve 9.5 Protection Too
22.4 drivers do not have 9.5 rights under the contract negotiated by the previous International Union leader-ship. Local 804 members voted against that contract giveback.
In contract negotiations next year, we will be fighting to make all 22.4 drivers into RPCDs with equal pay and full 9.5 rights.
Teamster Driver Do’s and Don’ts
- Follow the methods.
- Get union representation. Always.
- Admit honest mistakes to your shop steward.
- Take your lunch at your scheduled times.
- Always remember, management is not your friend.
- Don’t drive with a suspended license.
- Don’t cover up an accident or injury.
- Don’t flag stops.
- Don’t sheet commercial stops as residential.
- Don’t sheet packages away from the location.
- Don’t lie about an honest mistake and get jammed up for dishonest.
- Don’t listen to your supervisor when they tell you to falsify.
- Don’t leave packages in lobbies.
- Don’t throw packages on the belt.
- Don’t go home Code 26 scheduled off.
- Don’t trust management.